Scratch built Stormartillerivagen m/43
I saw several pictures of this in a bone yard some time ago. It looked very interesting but at the same time I knew it would be a huge challenge to get all the angles right, not to mention building the cannon. The lower hull and wheels are a stock Tristar 38T. The real fun was the upper hull. Using only the pictures as a reference I took on the challenge and after getting most of the upper hull built I decided to try my hand at casting it. The first casting was just the basic shape and as I added more detail to the master proto type I re casted it several more time. The casting themselves came out pretty good, I had a slight problem with tiny air bubbles not allowing the resin to get into all the rivet heads. This set of pictures is the original master. I did build a duplicate using all the casting I made. Overall I am very pleased with how it all went together.